in

Essentials Cafe

Spring Sunshine

Last post 04-05-2009 11:11 AM by Claudia. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2009 3:15 AM

Daffodils to me are such a cheery flower.  Somehow they are just never around long enough.

Painted with the Round Bristle Brush.  I gave this one the works, so much so I don't think I could really explain here what I did.

• 04-03-2009 6:14 AM In reply to

Re: Spring Sunshine

very nice, I particularly like the way the impressionist brush changes direction in sky areas.

Scott Adams said, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

• 04-03-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

• marcialsj
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • San Jose, California
    • Posts 325

I like what you have done here, Dianne, this is a very nice presentation. Good job with the brushwork.  There's a nice glow in several areas that I like, too.   Looking at those swirly areas, maybe you used the impressionist or Van Gogh settings? 

• 04-05-2009 4:24 AM In reply to

Thanks Tolouse and Marcia,

I definitely used the Round Bristle Brush and not the impressionist brush or Van Gogh.  I think the prep work that was done for this piece layed some texture down and when the autopaint ran it picked that up somehow.  But I liked the effect.  After painting I played with adding texture till I came up with the effect you see.

• 04-05-2009 11:11 AM In reply to

• Claudia
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-28-2008
    • Southeastern Tennessee
    • Posts 449

I really like what you did with this, it is so cheerful.

Claudia
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008 Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.