in

Essentials Cafe

birth of a rainbow

Last post 11-11-2012 8:09 AM by Neil C. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2012 10:53 AM

When the Vikings inhabited Ireland, they stored hordes of treasure all over the land.  According to the legends, when they left, they forgot to take several stashes of gold with them. The leprechauns found the gold and divided it among themselves.  But they knew the riches of the Vikings had been collected through wicked deeds, and this deepened their mistrust of humans. The leprechauns decided that humans could not have the gold because of what their greed would make them do.  They stored the coins in pots and buried them deep underground where humans could not find them.  However, according to the stories, a rainbow will end where a leprechaun has hidden his pot of gold. Here you see the Giant's Causeway on the Antrim Coast, basalt coloumns created by volcanic action which reappear off the coast of Scotland, near Fingal's cave on the isle of Staffa, the sea area betwixt and between being the birthplace of young rainbows - coarse watercolour and fine camel

Scott Adams said, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

• 11-10-2012 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: birth of a rainbow

Damn it, Toulouse, and metal detectors are illegal in Ireland! All I can say is there must be a heck of a lot of stashes, because I see rainbows most days! Actually I fish off a big lump of basalt just outside the estuary, at Portnoo.

• 11-10-2012 2:42 PM In reply to

I've been wondering where my pot of gold is.  Now I know.  Nice painting.  Nice story too.

• 11-11-2012 3:33 AM In reply to

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

Nice complementary colors.

• 11-11-2012 8:09 AM In reply to

This is sooooh dramatic..I like it very much.........

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008 Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.