in

Essentials Cafe

Introduction and children at a wedding

Last post 11-13-2012 5:59 PM by Alan. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2012 3:38 AM

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

Introduction and children at a wedding

Hello to all. I'm new here and want to introduce myself. I am an bit older lady, living in the Netherlands and I met Meme and Nature Works in the group on Painter Factory. They both ask me to join you here and I will give it a try, because I want not to be a member of to much groups, so there is no time left to do my painting. I work with Painter 12.2, but I also have Painter Essentials 4, PSP X3 and Artrage. I have seen that you use them all. I hope you will excuse me, if there are errors in my messages, because I have to write in a language that is not mine.

The painting is a detail from a photo I took at a weeding from 2 small children, bringing a present. I did just some experimenting and can tell anymore whatI did.

• 11-10-2012 3:54 AM In reply to

Re: Introduction and children at a wedding

Welcome to our forum - and what a great way to start.   It's a delightful image and painted beautifully and am so looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I'm thinking of upgrading to Painter 12.2 from Painter 10 (occasionally there's a good deal on Ebay).   I tend to autopaint due to lack of time but occasionally do a handpaint...     

• 11-10-2012 4:49 AM In reply to

Emcee -- you made it!  Good on you.  Your painting of these beautiful little chldren is lovely, of course.  As everyone sees from your message, NatureWorks and I found you on Painter Factory, which is, sadly, a pitiful little forum.  Jinny Brown did ask us to bring new people over there as she has some plans to liven things up, but that may be hard with only 3 active painters.  Emcee mentioned she was looking for more interaction and "instruction or suggestions," rather than the technical questions and answers that are so prevalent there.  So we suggested that she move over here to the very best forum.  I hope she will agree with the rest of us and stay on, as she paints beautifully. 

Cindy, Corel just had a super sale on Painter 12 so you might check there to see if it's still on.  I think it was half off.  I did get it (sadly, at full price, several months ago).  I love it and I hate it.  It is a no go for autopaint so the best results are from handpainting.  But the brushes will drive you insane they are that good.  I still think PE4 is the best all'round program.

Again, welcome to the forum, Emcee!

• 11-10-2012 5:18 AM In reply to

A very warm welcome Emcee. Don't worry, your English is good! This is a fine painting of a nice subject. We look forward to seeing the Netherlands through your paintings, you have so many lovely things to paint over there.

• 11-10-2012 5:56 AM In reply to

What a wonderfull start with us..I hope that you will manage to show what else you can do in the very near future and a very big WELCOME from me too....

• 11-10-2012 6:49 AM In reply to

Welkom - your English is far better than my Dutch, don't worry we are an international forum, you are not the only one who speaks a different language, but we all understand art, and that is all that matters, I like your art and hope there will be many more - this is a very friendly forum, if they can tolerate me they can tolerate anybody

Scott Adams said, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

• 11-10-2012 7:34 AM In reply to

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

Thanks for all the nice reactions. This group is very friendly. I will try not to disappoint you with my paintings.

Can anybody tell me why I got all your reactions on my post in my mailbox but none of the once you send as an reaction to other post or to a new post.

Do I have to change something on my settings?

• 11-10-2012 8:23 AM In reply to

When posting,do all the `how to` as you have been doing then click options to post a pic. at the top of this box is `Click` box to allow or not allow email replies,unclick it..carry on as normal..p.s. it had me wondering for a while too...........Hope this helps...

• 11-10-2012 8:56 AM In reply to

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I checked this box and got all your replay's in my email postbox, but on the website I saw other new post and I didn't got a message about them. I want to have them so I don't have to go to the site every time. If there is a message in my postbox on my PC I can click on the title and go there and react the same way as I can with my own post. I hope I'm clear.

• 11-10-2012 9:09 AM In reply to

Sorry emcee you`ve lost me, I`m sure that someone else on site will chase up the challenge............

• 11-10-2012 9:11 AM In reply to

Hi Emcee, You will only get replies in your email inbox to your own posts or to posts by others that you've commented on... 

• 11-10-2012 12:37 PM In reply to

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

Thanks Cindy. Then I have to look at the website some times.

Another question. What function have the button at the top that says "Email subscription disabled" of enabled.

I did enable that in several post, but haven't seen any effect.

Can I better disable that again?

• 11-10-2012 2:37 PM In reply to

emcee:

Thanks Cindy. Then I have to look at the website some times.

Another question. What function have the button at the top that says "Email subscription disabled" of enabled.

I did enable that in several post, but haven't seen any effect.

Can I better disable that again?

Emcee, click on Edit Profile,

click on e-mail on the top tab,

and answer yes to all 3 options at the top of that page. 

That should allow all emails to come through to you as Cindy suggested.

• 11-10-2012 8:33 PM In reply to

Welcome emcee, and a very lovely painting well done

• 11-11-2012 3:26 AM In reply to

• emcee
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-08-2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 35

I did that already at the beginning Meme. But I let it rest for now. Most of the emails are coming in  at the moment. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
© 2008 Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.