A great way to share the unique and personal artwork that you create in Corel Painter Essentials is by ordering prints. Printing services offer a variety of options; you can print to canvas, art paper, or to a variety of other media, such as mugs or clothing.
You can print and frame your artwork (left). Printing to art paper or canvas gives your artwork a natural texture (detail view, right).
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to...
- save your work to the JPEG file format
- connect to an online printing service
What you’ll need
- Corel Painter Essentials 4
- an image that you want to send to an online printing service
- Before you begin this tutorial, click Save to create a copy of your work in the RIF file format. This format is the native file format for Corel Painter Essentials, so your work retains maximum quality and remains editable.
Step 1: Preparing your image
Most online printing services let you load JPEG files, so in this step, you’ll save a copy of your image to the JPEG file format.
- In Corel Painter Essentials 4, click File > Save As.
- In the Save (Mac) or Save Image As (Windows) dialog box, navigate to the folder where you want to save the file and type a name in the Save As (Mac) or File Name (Windows) box.
- From the Format (Mac) or Save As Type (Windows) pop-up menu, choose JPEG Files
- Click the Save button. A dialog box appears to inform you that all layers will be merged. Click OK to proceed.
- In the JPEG Encoding Quality dialog box, enable the Excellent option. It is not necessary to adjust the other JPEG options.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Connecting to an online print service
If you have an Internet connection, you can connect directly to an online printing service from within Corel Painter Essentials.
- In Corel Painter Essentials 4, click File > Online Print Services.
- Follow the instructions on the Web site.
- For a list of things to consider when you order prints, see the professional printing tutorial on page 77 of the Guidebook (Help > Guidebook) and take a look at the Getting Professional Prints video tutorial (Help > Video Tutorials).