in

Essentials Cafe

Ideas

Welcome to the Essentials Cafe

What is the Essentials Cafe?

We've heard from people using Painter Essentials that they wanted an online place to learn more, and share with other people using "Essentials".

So, here you are!

Okay, I have to admit that as with most things, it wasn't quite that simple to go from the dream to reality. But we're very happy to now be unveiling the Essentials Cafe.

Who am I?

My name is Brian Pirie, and I work at Corel as a "User Experience Designer" on Painter Essentials.

What does that mean? As I explain over in the discussion section, I essentially spend a lot of time talking with and learning about the people who use our software: what's important to you, what you want to accomplish with Painter Essentials, what problems you encounter with it, and so on. I then work with other people here at Corel to plan what improvements we will make for the next release, and to design the details of just how everything looks and functions.

What can I find here?

General Discussion Forum - Get help, share tips & tricks, or just hat with other folks using Painter Essentials
Show Your Creations - Post your drawings and paintings for others to see
Suggestion Box - Post your suggestions for future release of Painter Essentials
This Blog - Where you can keep up with the the latest ideas, tips, and other random musings usually but not always related to Painter Essentials.

Comments

Frank Koch said:

Why does Corel ignore emails and care so little about customer satisfaction?

January 30, 2009 7:26 PM

Frank Koch said:

Corel does not support their products enough to spend the time you need to with them. They just ignore and email that might mean a little work for them.

561-445-0777

January 30, 2009 7:36 PM

Brooklyn Ron said:

Hi Brian-  Could you please explain how to post one's drawings?  I'm a little bewildered!

Ron

July 19, 2009 9:38 PM

sam said:

Hmm I just sent a reply email off the Corel... they reckon just because PE4 was bundled with Wacom it's not their concern or I don't fit the bill to qualify for support.... Gee I'd have thought a student would go the teacher and not the teacher send the student away on a wild goose chase!!!

So, I reckon it's good to know that guys like you, Brian are around to help.

Cheers.

September 21, 2009 10:18 AM

photoveteran said:

I used Pait Shop Pro up untill two years ago.  I use Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom3.  I am thinking about getting this, but am concerned that in Pait Shop Pro Photo I had to downgrade my images from 16 bit to 8 bit.  Is this still true?

August 16, 2011 2:17 AM

Josetoth said:

Very well describe the steps with all required tool adjustment, thanks for this help.

<a href="http://remodelproducts.com">Cabinets Bay Area</a>

September 16, 2011 7:48 AM

Karen said:

Hello, this blog seems very lonely and neglected :(

July 17, 2012 9:31 AM

www.labonweb.net said:

Welcome to the Essentials Cafe - Ideas

October 1, 2014 8:16 PM
© 2008 Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions.